Artists and Independent Curators
Deadline: February 16, 2020
Regart, centre d’artistes en art actuel
Established in Lévis since 1986, the artist-run-centre Regart intends to ensure a dynamic presence in today’s visual art with audiences in Chaudière-Appalaches and Québec City territories.
In the gallery and in public space, Regart’s programming highlights works that reflect the hybridization and experiment in which artistic quality and the importance of theory are shown off. The center promotes experimentation and research through special projects that bring artists to recontextualize their practice.
Artistic orientations 2020-2022
It is with a preoccupied mind that Regart, artist-run centre is offering artists and curators the opportunity to reflect on the concept of degrowth*. This call seeks to address our concerns about plural and diverse yet related topics: the climate crisis, the overwork of artists and cultural workers, the ecological footprint of artistic practices and the paradigm of perpetual economic growth.
How to imagine an art that makes less but makes better, an art that slows down, an art that resists the urges of perpetual growth and efficiency as paramount priorities? How can we make art a renewable resource, or develop new artistic forms that are seeking degrowth results? How can art help us rethink and reconceive the foundations of the current economic system?
* Degrowth as an increasingly popular response to the idea of perpetual growth as privileged in our capitalist economy.
We accept projects submission by artists and independent curators.
Submissions must include the following in a folder identified with first and last name:
- 1 PDF file with a resume, an artist statement, an exhibition proposal, an images list;
- 15 images files (max) / OR / a list of 5 video links with the appropriate password if needed.
Please send your proposals by email or Wetransfer to : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Note: Regart will have to relocate to a new location during its 2020-2022 programming. Therefore proposals need not be limited to Regart’s current exhibition spaces, but rather need to be open to various possible configurations.
- No late submission will be accepted.
- Confirmation email will be send to all respondent within 5 days.
- For further guidelines please contact Gentiane La France, Communications & Coordination Manager, to: email@example.com.
(Regart’s Members, to submit for the Members’ Window, it’s here…)